As a member of the Family Business Practice you:
- can attend regular business development meetings where you build relationships and do business with like-minded family businesses and owner managed businesses
- receive a free magazine packed with useful articles and information for family businesses
- get exclusive online content in the Family Business Video Show
- have access to a helpline when you need family business expertise
- be part of the invitation-only Family Business Practice Facebook group and engage with members between meetings
- get access to a wealth of family business-focused resources
and much, much more…
Paul Harris is the host of Solihull branch of The Family Business Practice which is a unique Midlands-based business development and networking organisation for owner-managed and family businesses and businesses that supply owner-managed and family businesses.
The Family Business Practice is for you if:
- You work so you can have a fridge that is always full
- You know things are going well when you can sleep at night
- You think it’s important to work with people you know, like and trust
- You are based in the Midlands
The Family Business Practice is the brainchild of Peter Roper, who is known as the Family Business Man. He wanted to build a network of owner-managed and family businesses who understand that family businesses are different. In doing so, he wanted to help some of the 3 million family businesses in the UK to feel more valued and be more celebrated than they sometimes are.
Today, the Practice has over 80 members ranging from husband-and-wife consultancies to businesses employing over 200 people. The one thing they all have in common is that they are all family businesses and they think, act and do differently to their corporate equivalents. It’s also growing rapidly, thanks to both word of mouth of happy members but also our active marketing strategy.
Family Business Practice meetings are at the heart of the Family Business Practice. They are when Practice members get together to catch up, share experiences, build relationships and do business. There are currently 10 Family Business Practice meetings at each branch (Kidderminster, Wolverhampton and Solihull) each year, plus two exclusive Premium Member-only meetings.
The Solihull branch meets at The Crown Plaza hotel in the town centre.
Each meeting follows the same relaxed format:
- 4.30pm – General networking
- 4.45pm – Light buffet supper
- 5.30pm – Welcome and business development presentation from the Family Business Man, Peter Roper
- 6.00pm – Three business development presentations (from members) with the following themes:
- Fill the Fridge (how to get more business)
- Sleep at Night (how to protect your business)
- Know, Like and Trust (business success story
- 6.45pm – Three 15 minute one-to-one appointments with attendees of your choice to maximise the productivity of the event
- 8.00pm – Close
Attendees pay typically £12.00 + VAT each in advance to cover the cost of light supper and refreshments.
Here are the dates of our next meetings at Solihull. If you’d like to come along to see if the Family Business Practice is right for you, call Paul Harris, on 0121/-711-1494 to secure your invitation